Sunday, February 12, 2012

new collage project

"Trees in the forest" 8 x 8 inches mixed media fiber arts.
Here are some images of a project I just finished. Had a lot of fun creating it - my attempt at including fibers to my collage art. I finally got a chance to sit in front of my sewing machine and play with the various stitch designs and color threads. I'm getting hooked... plan to see more of this type of work coming from my art studio.

Enjoy,
Sandra

Close up of sewing details.
Playing with the layout on my work table in my art studio.

Details of the collage before sewing details are added.

The process of laying out the composition.




7 comments:

  1. Great piece! Love the colors and the texture! Well done! Love your studio too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra! I love this! There's so much to see. My eye's are constantly moving from one stitch/color/texture to another. Great movement throughout.

    Hugs,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you kind words, ladies. I'm working on several other fiber art projects and plan to post images soon. Hope the new year is treating you both well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, so glad I stopped by, it's been like a breath of fresh air, you have such an inspiring blog its lovely to see your photographs, your art, and in this post take a peak into your studio. Thank you for being such a blessing! Amanda
    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet and NICE to hear LOL ;-)
      My studio is truly little but I LOVE IT. I surround myself with all the things I love (thus the accent painted wall in orange) and some of my past work (the artwork framed in the white frame is a print of my niece's artwork) and if you look really close you can see a picture of my father as a young man in his 30s in his upholstery studio. He inspires me to be creative with fabric and fibers.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I really love your work.. XD
    This is really amazing...
    But I'm here to ask you if I can use some of your ilustrations, like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgranthon88/3326149403/ to garnish my blog ;)

    Sorry about my bad english

    ReplyDelete
  6. your project turned out quite beautifully! fun photo of your work space too...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...