Friday, January 29, 2016

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am GOD.

God has been so good to me. He gave me an art ministry that brings me spiritual refreshness to make me into a NEW CREATION each day. My prayer relationship with God is my lifeline and that is why I make Prayer Pillows designed and inspired by scripture to encourage others to pray daily. When we PRAY we are living Psalm 46:10 Be Still and Know That I Am God. Praying is DOING, by slowing down to allow for a prayer life you are opening yourself up to surrender to God's will and ministry over your life. In today's times we are often too busy and too rushed to honor and value what it means to be STILL in the word of God. After I PRAY I often meditate in the word of God by making artwork inspired by God's ancient words. Below is a mini artwork 3.5 x 2.5 ATC card I created inspired by Psalm 46:10 and what it means to me to be STILL and be made into a NEW CREATION. The ARTWORK is titled "NEW CREATION"
___________________________________________________________________________________

"NEW CREATION" mixed media size 3.5x2.5 inches
STORYTELLING - When I rise in the morning I trust in the Lord who has prepared the day for me. The seeds have been planted and are growing according to the power of the Holy Spirit that guides my pathways. Seeking the will of God as my teacher I surrender to Him and kneel, with folded hands, my eyes on Him only. He is the Savior that I cannot see in flesh but I put my trust in the abstract, the spiritual, and believe He is a living God that desires a personal relationship with me. My prayers are heard in the oneness I experience when I am STILL in the presence of my God. ~ Sandra

___________________________________________________________________________________

Below are 2 Custom Prayer Pillows I created using this mini artwork and scripture as my inspiration.


GROW 18x18 mixed media Artisan Prayer Pillow.


Custom Prayer Pillow made as a gift for a male teenager.  The artwork was scanned and printed on cotton fabric using Spoonflower as my digital printer. I added a wooden fish as a reminder of how Jesus taught his disciples how to become FISHER of MEN. He developed them into men who would share the gospel so everyone may be saved by the word of God. It's tough to be a young person growing up in today's time, even when you grow up in the church. There are tons of questions and worldly temptations that can lead a young person away from living a Christian life. But it is okay to have doubts and concerns when you are in the process of becoming a mature Christian. When those times come take everything to God in Prayer. He will lead you to the TRUTH.






NEW CREATION 18x18 mixed media Artisan Prayer Pillow.


Custom Prayer Pillow made as a gift for a woman who recently bought a new home. The artwork was scanned and printed on white canvas using my personal HP Inkjet printer. I added the glass beads to reflect the raindrops that God provides the land so that it may bear good fruit and be fertile. Just as God provides for nature He provides for our needs such as a need for shelter, a home we can serve the Lord in. It's a BIG responsibility to buy a new home and money might get tight at times but God always provides for His children and through prayers we can stay connected to His peace and love to keep us afloat during times of tribulation.







To view more photos of my custom prayer pillows click here. To order your own custom prayer pillow click ARTISAN PRAYER PILLOW.

___________________________________________________________________________________
THANK YOU!!!!!! $$ FROM THE SALES OF MY PRAYER PILLOWS SUPPORT CHILDREN PROGRAM OVERSEAS and MY FREE ART MINISTRY CLASSES FOR CHILDREN AND WOMEN IN MY LOCAL COMMUNITY.

I have the pleasure to lead an art ministry called DO SOMETHING CLUB it's a free bible/art study club for kids 5-10 years of age. For right now the class is only for kiddos whose parents are enrolled in the adult bible courses lead in our church. We have been meeting for over 2 years and this would be our last year since the parents are due to graduate from their class in Fall of 2016. We have an average of 6 kids that attend. We meet every Saturday from 9-12pm at Restoration In Christ Church (my home church in Mt. Joy, PA). I would like to share the happenings of the month of January 2016. UPDATE 9/22/17: I now provide free art classes by appointment for any child in my community age 6 to 15 years of age, plus teenagers and women) if interested please email me at alchemymanager@yahoo.com

JANUARY 2016 - FRUIT OF PEACE
Psalm 46:10 
Be Still and Know I am GOD.
Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

 
Bible Lesson Card (click on image for original site source).


In the month of January 2016 the kids and I have been learning more about what it is to live in PEACE. We have been focused on the FRUIT OF PEACE. 

It all begins with Psalm 46:10 Be Still and Know That I am GOD. We have put into practice how to prepare our "wiggly" bodies to be still so we may grow in our conversations with God - Our prayer life. We talked about the word ANXIOUS and how it is an energy within us that alerts our bodies to move. Sometimes our nervous system is set into motion and direct our arms to swing, our feet to stomp, and sometimes our hands to hit. We call this negative energy - ANXIOUS energy lead by the enemy when we're hurt, mad, or angry. We also spoke about the energy that comes when we're happy, joyful; a positive energy. Like a little girl unsure if she will get a birthday party because she's not heard anyone speak of it. Again this energy although we think of it as a positive energy because we are excited about blessings to come; if not lead by God could lead us to outcomes of outbursts of uncontrolled actions. Potential actions that could hurt ourselves or others. So we asked the question...What should we do when we feel ANXIOUS?

Our answer in Do Something Club is to allow God to work it out in us through the process of reading scripture and prayer followed by making art. Not just any style of art, we create in the Abstract style. Realist style of making art can become competitive and lead to finger pointing or boasting of our skills. In Do Something Club we turn to the style of Abstract art making because it allows us to leave "competitive worldly habits behind". Reading scripture and praying prepares our hearts for the abstract, for a Spiritual Lifestyle. God's Holy Spirit when we are first introduced to it is just like an abstract painting the SPIRIT is unfamiliar, unexplainable, we cannot translate it into things we have seen in our worldly life. But by studying scripture and meditating in prayer we learn to trust in God to guide our hands and minds to create artwork lead by spiritual refreshness. The abstract artwork has a story behind it, the artist knows the tale. God's word is a mystery until we learn to pray to the Creator of the word to minister to us the meaning of His word and what it means in our lives. The process of becoming transformed, into a believer of Christ, can start as early as age 5 or 6 when a child begins to read and write. They begin to draw and paint pattern designs through their personal creative spirit - many people call children's artwork ABSTRACT and yes it is. But it has great meaning and high value if only you ask the artist from where his inspiration came from. 

Spiritual refreshness comes when we are ONE in the Holy Spirit, with God. We take all that energy (ANXIOUSNESS) in our bodies and surrender it to God - first in bible study & prayer then in making art and then to prayer again. You might ask why not straight to making art? Why pray first?

It has been my saving grace; my art practice in the last couple of years given to me by God on how to deal with the craziness of the real world. When I would go to God with my real world list of hurt, disappointments, wish list of changes I desired. I found that my conversations with God were shallow. I has structured out the conversation with so much detail on how I wanted things that I did not allow room for God to create the changes he wanted for me. Thus, I discovered that I was not being STILL for God. My prayer time was there but I was doing all the talking and none of the listening. Making art after praying helps me to surrender to all that God wants to prune in me. It empties me out of the worldly things and gives space for God to create and develop my spirit. Then I pray again after the art making process is over, after my body has worked out all movements needed to allow me to be deeper STILL in my prayers with God.

God wants you to be STILL so He can lead your ACTIONS. He CREATED YOU, but he wants to co-create with you; hear your heart's desires and then reveal to you His will for those desires in your life. When I became STILL in my prayer life I discovered it was okay, I was at PEACE to praise God at all times. This is my testimony that I shared with the kids.

I explained the process of making art allows us to use that energy to move our hands/bodies to make artwork that releases our mindset to prepare for a conversation with God. God then has the final say on what path we will take in our faith walk. God will bring us the peace we desire so we can walk in the uncertainty of this worldly life and yet still smile because we know as followers of Jesus Christ our certainty comes in praising God and giving him full control and glory for our life.

Blessings,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...