Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunflowers - Day 18

Today I spent the afternoon with my niece, Amelia. She's a third grader with a love for creating art! We had a wonderful afternoon, making a healthy lunch from veggies from the farm, then we planted sunflower seeds in the backyard, and continued the theme by painting sunflowers on acrylic 110lb Canson artist paper. Below are the pictures I took of the process. It turned out super great! She decided to paint the red sunflower and I went for the orange toned sunflower. Amelia is amazing she has a true eye for color combinations - she selected the color palette for her painting including adding some bright Cobalt Blue for a punch of color... ahhh, a child after my own heart.

"Red Sunflower" by Amelia (3rd grader)

She was very patient and worked on layering color with varies applications of glazes to build up the tones and then using dry brush technique to add texture.
Her color choices inspired me and if you look closely I also added a little Cobalt Blue in my painting.

"sunflower" by ME ;-)
Enjoy,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. The Sunflowers are lovely, they are one of my favourite flowers. Haven't grown them in a while...its great making art with kids they are so free and unrestricted when they create.
    Blessings, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amanda Trought
    I know what you mean. I am always amazed by what my niece produces she's a natural at playing and having fun with art. I learn from her :-) Hey check out my Day 20 post under my comments I am looking for ATC trading advice and would welcome your advice.
    Enjoy;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...