1. Hole Punch Flowers ATC, 2. Flower ATC, 3. Watercolor Flower ATC's, 4. Summer Flowers, 5. ATC_ violet flower, 6. ATC Pretty Newspaper Flowers 2/2, 7. Landscape: Spring Flowers, 8. Flowers ATC, 9. 3 flowers, 10. Traded: Springtime ATC, 11. flowers ATC, 12. ATC Traded - Button Flowers, 13. flowers - atc
Here is the ATC card I was inspired to create.
|"Amongst Friends" ATC 2.5 x 3.5 inches mixed media.|
Here are some pictures I took as I worked my way through the process of creating this ATC card.
(1) I used Strathmore Watercolor cold press 140lb paper as my base, glued a thin sheet of white tissue paper with Golden mattee medium, glued a hand torn piece of (single sided printed) designer scrapbooking paper half of the way up to start my composition for the field of flowers and finally added a glaze of Golden (heavy body) Titan Buff mixed with Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid Gloss (1:1 ratio) over the entire surface and dried with my heat gun.
(2) I then began to play with my permanent color ink pads (golden yellow for sky and green for grass) and dried with my heat gun.
(3) I then continued to add more acrylic paint to build up depth, shadow, highlights and dried with my heat gun.
(4) I then played with texture adding marks using a metal ring and bubble wrap.
(5) Finally came the time to dive into my homemade collage paper I had painted the night before on Canson Mixed Media 98 lb paper. I have found this paper weight and brand to be my favorite so far for collage; especially on an ATC sized base so that it does not become to bulky when I overlap sheets. I hand cut various circle sizes and glued them on 2/3 of the way to add to the composition.
(6) The next step for me was to play with my oil pastels to continue to highlight the texture from the tissue paper and add depth to the overall image.
Hope you're having an excellent Wednesday and are inspired to go out and play and create art and of course stop and smell the flowers;-)